Although the NUWT project came to an end some time ago (the original funding was from April 2011 – June 2012) you may have noticed that I’m still here! Part of that time was spent re-organising the NUWT collection and the rest of the time was spent on a variety of archive activities.
However I was never able to stay away from the NUWT collection for very long!
So the additional work I have done on the NUWT collection is:
- Creating a guide on using the collection using our libguides system
- Continuing to blog about finds from the collection
- Working with a volunteer who carried out fantastic research on individual women in the NUWT and the administrative history of the organisation
- Answering enquiries about the collection
- Continuing to scan in images from the collection – photographs and documents – that can now be used by all archive staff, for promotional activities, and for researchers (see next point for more information)
- Locating NUWT-related material held elsewhere
- Beginning to add images to our Flickr account and creating a set of images of individual members of the NUWT – Women of the NUWT
Although the NUWT cataloguing project is at an end, and I am moving to a new post at London School of Economics, work on the collection will continue as part of the general activities of the archive. And of course now that the collection is on the online catalogue it is easily accessible for anyone who would like to come in to the Institute of Education Archive to use the collection.
The project blog and twitter will be coming to a halt for the moment but plans for using the NUWT collection as an educational resource continue and any future developments will be reported. If you would like to get involved then you can email arch.enquiries[at]ioe.ac.uk.
I feel so privileged to have spent so much time cataloguing the NUWT collection and thank you all for sharing the experience with me through this blog and through twitter.